Life in Canoes - A Metaphor

Hey peeps! It's Sunday...so I'm back! This weekend, I was really lucky and had the chance to go up to a lodge and do some canoeing, hiking, and just being outside in nature with my family. I really, really enjoyed it (as I always do) and it really gave me some time to think. In light of this, I'd like to share with you all a metaphor I came up with this year, about canoes and life. So let's get into it :)



Life is like a canoe. You're in the bow, or the stern (depending on whether it's lake or river canoeing haha), and you are steering yourself wherever you would like to go. Wherever the bow of the canoe is pointing, that's your direction. At any point, any action you take has the power to change your whole course.

You might get off track, wanting to take a picture of a bird or making some decisions that perhaps weren't the best. But you always have the option to get back on your feet and keep moving. It's 1% what happens to you and 99% how you react to it.

Whatever you do, don't let anyone else take control of that bow or stern. People, in a canoe, have the power to change the direction on you, front or back, river or lake. But not if you are stronger.

So dig in, and steer that canoe wherever you choose. This is your life. Dream big. Make plans. Travel. See the world, and have awesome adventures. I saw a quote today that I absolutely loved, so I thought I'd share it with you guys:

"Either write something worth reading, or do something worth writing." ~Benjamin Franklin

Go out there, and do some good in the world! Have crazy adventures you'll want to tell your grandchildren about one day. (Heck, tell me about them too! I'd love to hear them. Comment below, or shoot me an email or dm on insta if you want to talk :D) I believe in you <3 Love you all very much, I hope you have an AMAZING rest of Sunday, and an even better week! <3 :)

Till next time!

~Iris xoxo

Comments

  1. Great post, dear!

    I am following you,
    Visit my new blog,
    it would mean a lot to me;
    xoxomiss-flower.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment, as I read and love all of them :) Just be sure to keep it positive, as this is a positive space on the internet!! xx

Popular posts from this blog

my quarantine thus far as told through tv shows.

Q&A + tag

Things That Make Me Happy